TEC Raises More Than $7,000 For Breast Cancer Awareness
During the month of October, The Exterior Company teamed up with The National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc. to help raise much needed funds in the fight against breast cancer. The “TEC Goes Pink” initiative resulted in a $7,094.89.00 donation to the foundation.
TEC Goes Pink
As part of the initiative, The Exterior Company donated one dollar for every roofing square that went under contract during October. For a better idea of what that means, an average roof has approximately 25 to 40 squares. TEC invited homeowners/customers to match TEC’s donations for their roofing project by scanning a QR code on the paperwork they receive.
“We put about 5,000 roofing squares under contract last month, which is fantastic. Our team members really stepped up their game to try and raise the most money possible. Even better, we had quite a few customers take part in the initiative, through donations and by sharing their personal stories of how breast cancer has impacted themselves and their families,” says Ryan Hoke, president of The Exterior Company.
TEC added a splash of pink to everything it did during the month as well—from yard signs, to shirts, to handouts and flyers, the company took on a bit of a different look across Central Pennsylvania and its locations up and down the East coast.
While awareness is key, it also takes a lot of money to research better treatments, and ultimately, a cure for breast cancer. The Exterior Company is proud to have been part of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and incredibly grateful for its customers who got involved.
Breast Cancer Statistics
- In 2020, an estimated 276,480 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in women across the U.S.
- 64% of breast cancer cases are diagnosed at a localized state (there is no sign that the cancer has spread outside the breast), 99% of this group has a 5-year survival rate.
- This year, an estimated 42,170 women will die from breast cancer in the U.S.
- An estimated 2,620 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year. 520 will die from the disease.
- 1 in 8 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- There are over 3.5 million breast cancer survivors in the United States today.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer in the U.S.
The good news is that in recent years, there has been a gradual reduction in female breast cancer rates among women aged 50 and older. Death rates have also been declining since 1990, in part due to better screening and early detection, increased awareness, and continually improving treatments. We still have a long way to go, and TEC is proud to support the brave women and men battling the disease.