COMMON MISTAKES THAT PUT YOUR ROOF IN DANGER
Here is a list of 5 common mistakes that you may be doing that is putting your roof in danger.
1. Pulling up roofing shingles to look for leaks. Pulling up shingles yourself can cause more damage and can create leaks where there were none before. Always contact a professional roofing contractor if you suspect any damage.
2. Walking on your roof. Roofs can be slippery, which present potential for falling off your roof causing serious damage. Walking on asphalt shingles can disrupt the granules and dislodge them or create gaps causing potential leaks.
3. Roof decorations. Over the holiday season you might be tempted to decorate on your roof. Walking across your roof can cause damage and attaching heavy decorations can put unnecessary pressure to your tiles. Additionally, stringing lights to your roof shingles for they can cause tearing over time.
4. Using cleaning solutions or bleach to clean your roof. If you chose to clean your roof with a cleaning solution that is not roof-approved, it can ruin your shingles. Using bleach can post harm to people and pets if exposed to the fumes or fluids. Bleach can also cause damage to plants, trees and grass and can leak into waterways and watershed areas.
5. Power washing your roof. High pressure can force water under your shingles, which can result in mold and mildew growth.