6 COMMON SIGNS YOUR ROOF NEEDS REPAIR
With the storm season fast approaching, it is important to have a safe, reliable roof to protect you, your loved ones, and your personal belongings. After all, a roof not only protects and shelters you from rain, but also change in temperature, wind, and damaging sunlight. Fortunately, there are numerous ways to recognize damage without having to climb a ladder. Below are some helpful clues to tell if it’s time to fix your roof:
· Age: If your roof is over 20 years old, there is a very good chance it will need some repair due to every day wear and tear.
· Water stains: Water damage on your interior walls or ceiling is a common sign of a leaky roof.
· Roof Debris: If you find pieces of shingles in your yard after a storm, it is highly likely your roof experience some damage.
· Curling Shingles: Curling or buckling shingles is a sign of improper installation and requires attention.
· Roof Carpet: Signs of lichen growing on your roof could foreshadow damage from the algae and fungus absorbing and holding on to moisture.
· Granules in the Gutters: If you find your gutters are clogged with shingle granules or notice them washing out of the downspouts, your roof most likely needs repair.
If you see any of the above signs, please do not hesitate to call the experts at The Exterior Company at 855-766-3264. Our team is trained to properly assess damage to roofs, may it be due to every day wear and tear, age, material failure, or even damage from a storm. Our professionals will work with your insurance company to get your roof fixed, even if it is a specialty trade roof like wood shake, standing seam metal, or a slate options. Your home is more than just a shelter. Let us ensure your roof is in great condition for years to come.